1. to finish at least 2 Christmas presents
2. to finish a version of iCutie for my older daughter, who requested it
3. to only knit from my stash from now until Labor Day, which means
- no buying any yarn, books, or magazines
- I will allow myself an exception for some Habu fine merino that had already been ordered by a yarn store for me but won't come in till sometime this summer
- I will allow myself an exception for any yarn I may need to make the Christmas presents
- gifts and trades do not count
4. to finish putting up the stash I don't really intend to use at all on the Destash Blog.
Okay, if I manage to do these (and #3 will be really, really hard for me), I will allow myself to buy all the supplies for a project from my queue, plus either a book or new mag on Labor Day.
Now, here's an accounting of my stash (not including small leftover skeins)
These are the ones for which I have an actual project in mind. What you see are 3 Alan Dart kits, some reddish-orange Rowan Wool Cotton for Pam, various yarns for a spring leaf-motif scarf, some Cotton-Ease for a new iCutie, and a mound of black Classic Elite Gatsby for the Diagonal Twist Princess-seam Jacket from Loop-d-loop
Next up are yarns for which I have no specific project in mind. I had bought a 10-ball bag of each of the white and blue Rowan Calmer on eBay because it was "cheaper" that way, but I only used a fraction of up for the Soul Skirt and Juliet tank, so there's still a lot left. Likewise, I have some Sirdar Indigo left from the Blues Tank. And finally, there's miscellaneous Cotton-Ease.
Last are the parts of my stash that probably need to go to the Destash Blog. There's some leftover Berroco Touche from Lace Leaf Lite, Rowan All Seasons Cotton from the Apricot Jacket, and Jo Sharp Alapca Silk Georgette from the Cable Trim Sweater. There are various yarns that I had considered making scarves from. There's a trio of Berocco Suede and Plush that was going to be adorable baby booties that I never got around to (and my baby is now too big for booties!). And finally, there are 2 knitting-with-fabric purse kits that someone had given me, but that I know I won't use.