Monday, June 11, 2007

Don't Slouch!

I am really enjoying working on the Summertime Tunic. It's not turning out quite as slouchy as I thought it would be (I am knitting the 29" size), but I'm thinking that's just as well.


As much as I like the top, I realize that I need to be careful about how I wear it. I need to pull it down enough so that there isn't too much slouchiness just above the ribbing. Otherwise, I'd end up with the dreaded muffin-top look (don't pretend like you can't see a bit of that in the picture!). Either that or pull the ribbing higher so that you can tell more clearly that it was meant to be that way.

One reason why it's not so slouchy? I'm knitting tighter than what I did for my gauge swatch. I don't knit as evenly as I'd like to (I am so knitpicky after all). You can read my knitting like you can rings on a tree trunk--tight when I'm more stressed and looser when I'm not. Knitting is a great outlet for the stress, but it does show in the results. My stress right now comes from the fact that we're about to make a big move--new state, new house, new job, the whole bit. Today was particularly stressful, so I decided that I would sit in my massage chair and knit at the same time. Everything was going okay till I the chair went into thumping mode just as I was pushing some stitches along on the needle. About a dozen of them dropped right off the needle. So I set the knitting aside and finished my massage before picking it up again. So much for effecient relaxation!

7 comments:

  1. wow you are quick! I never really noticed this pattern till now, and it looks like yours is gonna be really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the move! And the top looks cute--can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you're so stressed (a big move can certainly do that to you!), but your Summertime Tunic is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, sorry to hear about the stress. moving definitely is not high on my most fun things to do list. at least you have this really cute knit to attack when you feel the stress bug again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog. It is always nice to discover new readers and what they like to do too. I like your top, and Im sorry but I cant see any muffin look there. I absolutely love your I Cutie top, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a cute tunic. I must say, from the picture, you're small enough that it will just look like a blousing and not a muffin top. :)

    ReplyDelete