Saturday, November 10, 2007

Gifts Galore

I have been a regular Santa's elf. Here's proof...

The Hemlock Ring Blanket is done! After having fallen out of love with it when I got so bored knitting the feather and fan section, we reconciled after I saw how it looked all nicely blocked. This is going to one set of grandparents.


Next up are a couple of scarves I actually finished 2 months ago but am just now getting around to posting. First is a Leaf Pattern Scarf for my other grandmother. I had made her one before, but it got lost with so many other things in Hurricane Katrina. So now she'll have a new one, only better. I had chosen a cream color for the first one, and frankly, it looked dingy. So this time I wised up and used white instead. Also, the other one had a stockinette background, which the pattern called for. This time, I made it in garter stitch. You can't tell much difference just looking at it since the yarn is so fine, but of course, it acts quite differently and doesn't have the annoying roll.


And finally there is this striped Noro scarf.

I'm now working on a different striped Noro scarf. Instead of mixing 2 different Silk Garden colorways, this scarf will mix the Silk Garden with a semi-solid. This is my first time using Queensland Collection Kathmandu Aran, and I like it well enough. The gauge and feel are a good complement to Silk Garden, but it's not perfect. Unlike the Silk Garden, this can't be dry cleaned, making the scarf a handwash hassle for the recipient. And also, the yarn is a bit sheddy--I have dark fuzz on the white T-shirt I wore while working with it today.

And last but not least, I was inspired to make a knitted bangle as a gift. This uses some Rowan Calmer from my stash, though it's not much of a stashbuster since you need so little yarn!

More pictures and the specs of the completed projects are in the Gallery.

2 comments:

  1. I love the knitted bangle. I'm going to have to make a few of those for my girlfriends

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hemlock looks great! I'm sure your grandparents will love it.

    The scarves and knitted bangle are beautiful, too : )

    ReplyDelete