- He (mostly) turns a blind eye to my yarn stash
- He knows the difference between knitting and purling
- He wrote a little program for me on my Mac that quickly calculates gauge conversions and increases/decreases
- He watches the kids for me weekly so I can go to a Sit 'n Knit
- He often says things like, "Why don't you take a break and go knit?"
- And most recently, he got me this
while shopping at Gander Mountain for one of those multifunctional gizmo tool things. I thought that it was so sweet that he'd think of me and my knitting even in the midst of all the testosterone products and the creepy taxidermy. What is it? It's a light that you wear on your head. He got it so that I can comfortably knit at night when we have long car trips. Isn't that sweet? I confess that I did cringe at the camo pattern, but he quipped, "And see? It'll be inconspicuous because it's camouflaged!" Ha, ha, ha! Yup, he's a keeper!
So Happy Valentine's Day if you are celebrating with a special someone. And if not, well, we can all celebrate our shared love of knitting, right? Speaking of which, let me show you some progress pics of the Cropped Duster. All I need to do is to make some ribbing for the bottom edge, and then seam the second sleeve and set it in.
I love it, except that the bottom edge flares out, as you can see
I'm going to compensate for that by reblocking and by being judicious about how I pick up stitches for the bottom ribbing. There's a chance I might be able to finish this this weekend, but we'll see.