Once upon a time, I was pretty decent at math. I could do all sorts of calculations in my head without working too hard at it. But now, 2 kids and multiple distractions later, I find it too taxing! So when I encountered the directions for the front section of Akomeogi, I realized there were just too many things going on at the same time for me to keep track of them all. On top of that, I wanted to make some mods and had to figure out how to make them work. So, I printed out some graph paper and drew myself a little diagram.
It's not a standard knitting chart, but it just helps me to know, row by row, where I decided to do the decreases, make the short-row pleats, and place the buttons. The diagram was a real lifesaver! (Or at least, a mind-saver). I'm pleased with how it's turning out so far. This picture is pre-blocking and pre-buttons. Now it's on to the sleeves.
P.S. Happy 4th of July to those of you in the States!