Sunday, April 18, 2010

In the Middle

I am currently working on Peltigera, from Norah Gaughan Vol 6. I absolutely love the pleated trim at the neckline, but the gathers at the abdomen are absolutely not for me. I was anxious to start knitting this pattern, but it's a bottom-up design. I knew I wanted to change the bottom, but I didn't know what I wanted to do with it. I still don't. Rather than letting that hold me up any longer, I decided to start with a provisional cast on and knit up from the middle of the garment, pretty much following the pattern.




Now, I am going back and knitting down from the middle. I figure since I'll be able to try it on, I'll have a better sense of what I want to do for the bottom. We'll see.

5 comments:

  1. what a great idea it was to start from the middle...plus you got to get to the good part quicker. It is looking great so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love top down for the ability to try them on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh..i love that color...and the pleated trim is perfect...can't wait to see what you come up with for the bottom half!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh, it' looks great so far!! I've been wondering how that amazing pleated neckline detail knits up.

    ReplyDelete