Thursday, January 6, 2011

Time to Unwind

After Christmas, we went to visit my husband's family. That meant I got to knit through a long drive, and then I got to sit around for several days with few responsibilities and lots of knitting time. Yay!

I had been working on a sweater coat for my daughter from Joanna Johnson's book. I made rapid progress at first, but then I realized it was going to be too small. I wanted to get a 25" chest for the sweater. What I ended up with was a 25" circumference *before* taking into account the overlap needed for the buttons in the front. I am usually loathe to rip something all the way back and will do almost anything to avoid it. I could have just ripped back the bodice part and done a bit of fanagling, but in the end, I bit the bullet and decided to redo the whole thing. To save time, I just reknit directly from the old piece instead of unwinding it first.


Once I got going again, it went pretty quickly on size 10-1/2 needles.

IMG_8464

IMG_8474

Details are on Ravelry.

4 comments: