Monday, January 17, 2011

Trimmings

Knitting little ornaments is addicting, I tell you! Since I am a bit late to the KAL, I thought I'd do a little catch-up knitting. When I saw the pattern for this little knitting bag ornament, I could not pass it up!

I used the mini-skein of Inca Alpaca that Cascade sent me. Rather than seaming it up as suggested, I pinched the bottom section a bit, making a little "T," like so


Sewing it this way resulted in a bit of a gusset so that the bag can stand up on its own.

DSC_0382


Crafting the contents was just as fun. The needles are toothpicks with pearl beads glued on the ends, and the book is a small photocopy of one of my reference books. The skeins are made of whatever yarn scraps were in my knitting bag, wrapped up in a bit of paper cut from yarn labels. The purple yarn is actually some Cascade, but I used the label from the CEY mini-skein, and the green yarn is in its own Blue Sky Alpacas label.

DSC_0387
DSC_0385


Details are on Ravelry.

3 comments:

  1. So cute! Why is it that anything miniature is just automatically adorable??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW that is so freaking cute! Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I love the mini-book!

    ReplyDelete