Friday, March 4, 2011

Baby, Baby

I have a little project to share with you. Here's a baby blanket based on a simple garter stitch design over at the Purl Bee. The original calls for 7 different colors of yarn, but when I saw it, I immediately thought of examples of yarn blending, such as on the Traveling Scarf (Rav link) from Knitalong or the California Dreaming sweater (Rav link) from The Ohio Knitting Mills book. I've been itching to use that technique, and this was a great excuse to do so!

DSC_0803

This is 6 stripes using a combination of 4 different colors of Cascade 220 Sport, held doubled. There are 2 additional permutations that I didn't include (white+white and white+blue) because I didn't like how those affected the transition. More details are on Ravelry.

1 comment:

  1. I know this went to a very lucky baby boy! This is such a sweet and thoughtful blanket in such great colors. Thank you on his behalf!

    ReplyDelete