Monday, April 18, 2011

In Stitches: Part I


I got back from Stitches South yesterday and have much to share with you over the next several posts! It was my second knitting conference. Unlike my first time, I had my family with me on this trip, so it was not all-knitting-all-the-time, but I still got a lot out of it.

As you would guess, there were knitters all over the hotel.

On Friday night, there was a Pajama Party. I didn't attend, but I could hear them whooping it up late into the night, even amidst the tornado sirens that were going off!

This is the scene outside of Market the first night as we waited for them to open up.


To pass the time, I browsed the Xtreme Stash Wall. It was a neat concept, really. They set up a display wall of various yarns for you to pet. If you were interested in a yarn, you could take a lprecut sample and stick it onto a little guide sheet that told you which booth carried the yarn.



I'll share with you the most interesting yarn I found there. It's Zealana, a blend of merino, cotton, and possum. No need to adjust your browsers, folks! You did read that right...I said possum.


The nice lady from Yarn Mountain gave me a mini skein to take home, and I bought the pattern book. I don't know if I'd make something out of possum or not, but these designs were too good to pass up!



No comments:

Post a Comment