Thursday, September 8, 2011

In an Instant

I set a recurring alarm on my phone so that it wakes me up at the same time every weekday. Naturally, I forgot to turn it off on Sunday night, so I ended up waking up early on Labor Day even though I didn't need to. Everyone else in the house had the good sense to sleep in. I tried to go back to sleep, but I couldn't, so I did my best to take advantage of a quiet morning all to myself.

I cast on for a new scarf, and in about 30 minutes, I had one! How did I achieve such instant gratification? Size 35 needles.

Wink Scarf


This is the Wink scarf, made with Berroco Link. Details are on Ravelry.

7 comments:

  1. I love everything about this photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure know how to make a gal smile! Next time, please post a photo of you knitting with those incredible needles ... that would be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies. @Evelyn, I had fully intended to do one of my nail polish / in progress pics, but frankly, it was just too fast! By the time any potential photographers had woken up, I was long done, LOL! I will probably make another one, and if I do, I'll try to get a pic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! How big is that yarn? It looks nearly as big as the ginormous needles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that scarf! (And I don't even knit scarves).

    I looked up the yarn and saw that it is a wool blend. Is it scratchy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are such a knitting rockstar!! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, guys!

    @Yoel: The yarn itself is like knitted i-cord. If I press it down flat, it's about 3/4" wide.

    @Betty: There is definitely some texture to it. I can feel it, but even though I'm a little sensitive, it doesn't bother me. If you're very sensitive, though, I would not recommend it.

    ReplyDelete