Friday, November 9, 2012

Inspired By

Inspired by Print Workshop by Christine Schmidt, via Janet, to do a little stamping:





I took an existing stamp and covered up the wood mounting block with tape to protect it. Then, I just wrapped some leftover cotton yarn (you know I've got plenty of that on hand!) around the block. This is stamped using a regular ink pad onto some paper that's going into my journal.


I love this book! There are so many projects in it that I want to make. (The project in this video is not in the book, and the template is not on the website anymore. However, it's good to watch her technique. You'll be able to preview some of the other projects in the book at the end of the video.)

4 comments:

  1. I love it! What a great idea. (My heart is literally beating so fast at the thought of clicking play on that video).

    Jerri xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-)

      She has such wonderful ideas! And they look do-able.

      Delete
  2. It was a great idea to use a stamp you already had!

    So many possibilities want to try! (And I really want to get some of the screen printing paint for fabric). My wheels are turning :-) Thanks for the shout out too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know there is a textile medium that can be added to any acrylic paint and prevents it from drying so stiffly. That way, you have a lot more color options.

      Delete