Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Going Green

I know Earth Day already passed, but really, everyday should be Earth Day, right? So in honor of Earth, I'll talk about the ways I'm going green!


1. I'm trying to knit from my stash. Witness my next Christmas present project (pictured above): a Scarf Askew from 2 skeins of Rowanspun DK sitting in my stash. I'm also trying to use some Cotton-Ease that I had hoarded when it had been discontinued. I'm making something sweet (pictured below) for Baby!


2. I mostly knit with Denise needles so that I don't have to keep buying tons of needles.

3. I try not to buy too many gadgets--so the needle I use for weaving in ends comes from one of Sweetie's craft kits, the stitch markers are scraps of yarn, and the little yarn bobbins are those plastic clip things from bread bags


4. We are gradually converting to compact flourescent bulbs, including some in the bedroom where I knit

5. I posted some things on the Destash blog to try to do some more stash control.

Before you think I'm eco-pious, though, I assure you that my current stash shows that I'm still too huge of a consumer! But that's a story for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment