Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Showing a Bit of Sleevage

I had to take a knitting break because Life was getting in the way, but I'm now back. It is really so relaxing and satisfying to get the needles working again--I really missed it. So here's what I've been up to...


The sleeves for the cable trim V-necked sweater are all done now. I just have to block them and piece everything together (like that's not a big task in and of itself!). Amazingly, the weather has turned a bit nippy again, so who knows, maybe I'll get to wear it this weekend after all.

The other thing I started was this little variation on the Leaf Lace Pullover from Loop-d-Loop. I'm adding itty bitty cap sleeves and making it more fitted, rather than the loose long-sleeved original. I had started this a couple of months ago and began with the top part of the sweater rather than the bottom. I must have started and frogged it about 5 times because the raglan shaping wasn't coming out right for me. I think it's okay now, and I'm making rapid progress. There's a big difference between working on size 10-1/2 needles here versus the size 3 needles I used for the cable trim sweater. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment