Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Love Lost

I've fallen out of love with the Hemlock Ring Blanket. Alas. As often happens with fiery love affairs, this one quickly ran out of steam. It is still a lovely project, but the endless feather and fan really began to bore me. And now the clincher is that the lovely scalloped bind off is much more yarn-hungry than I anticipated. I started it and got nervous about running out of yarn about 1/4 of the way through, so I unknit back one row of stockinette, thinking this would give me enough yardage. The second time, I made it about 1/3 of the way around and knew I could no longer deny the fact that I would still not have enough yarn. I thought about ordering another ball but didn't want to wait on it (plus there was the chance of not getting the same dye lot).

So as you can see, I've now threaded through some waste yarn so that I can rip back to the end of the last lace repeat. Hopefully, after that, I can finish this thing and we can at least be friends, if not lovers.

In other news, Elizabeth tagged me for the 8 random things meme. Here goes!

1. I almost drowned when I was 4. I have no memory of this, but a stranger saved me, thank God!

2. I used to be an avid sewist (that's not a real word, but looks better in print than the word sewer, which is so easy to misread!). While I chickened out of making my own wedding dress, I did make the gown that I wore during the second part of my wedding reception. I don't really sew any more, though.

3. Currently, my favorite song is "The Way I Am" by Ingrid Michaelson. I actually first heard this on Cast On. When I heard it again on those Old Navy commercials for the fair isle sweaters, I knew I needed to get the song. I was really hoping it was available as a ringtone at the iTunes store, but unfortunately, it was not.

4. I suffered through years of piano lessons as a kid. I've never been very good because I sightread well enough to get through lessons in a mediocre way without practicing the way I should have. But I'm now glad that I remember enough to play some music. I would love to find the music for "The Way I Am," (see above) so if anyone knows where I can buy the score, tell me!

5. I eat a little chocolate every day. Every day.

6. I am fascinated by reality TV. I don't know that I really likereality TV, but it's hard for me not to watch and observe people. I'm not really talking about the competition shows, more like the My Super Sweet Sixteen and all the gorgeous-people-with-too-much-money shows; along with the 30 Days, Wife Swap and all the confront-something-different-and-get-people-out-of-their-comfort-zone shows. It is a guilty indulgence :-)

7. I am mildly allergic to cats.

8. I can't sing worth a darn.

I can't keep track of who has done this meme or not, so if you haven't and want to, consider yourself tagged!

No comments:

Post a Comment