Friday, October 19, 2007

Sitting and Knitting

I went to a Sit 'n Knit at my LYS yesterday, and it was good to be able to talk a li'l yarn. I managed to bind off most of my Hemlock Ring Blanket while I was there, and then I finished the rest at home. So it is now off my needles! I need to wash and block this, and we'll see how it comes out in the end. While I hated having to rip back so much, it was definitely necessary. I needed the better part of my last ball of Swish Superwash for the bind off.


I also happened to win the door prize at the Sit 'n Knit, which was a huge shocker, because I never win anything!


I can really use the row counter since I don't have one. Now the sock yarn...I'm not so sure about that. I've never actually knit any socks (gasp!), and that is mainly because I don't really wear socks (gasp again!). Okay, I do wear white athletic socks when I am doing something athletic in my tennis shoes, but I don't even do that very often. And I do wear socks inside boots, but you can't see them at all. Other than that, I'm usually wearing high heels with hose or flats with no socks. So I'm going to have to give some thought as to what to do with this yarn. Any ideas, anyone?

4 comments:

  1. Your Hemlock Ring Blanket is gorgeous! Love the color.

    I've only been using a row counter for the past ten days and it's really helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen really cute baby sweaters and hat/bootie combos made with sock yarn. That colorway looks cheerful enough for a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the Hemlock Ring blanket is looking so amazing- can't wait to see the blocked photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sock yarn = Baby Surprise Jacket. I've seen Eve's with the blue version of the same sock yarn and it's beautiful.

    I didn't know that THIS was YOU but now I do. You were at the shop on Saturday while I was teaching a class but now I wish I had seen your Hemlock blanket in person -- GORGEOUS and it's quite an accomplishment

    ReplyDelete