Monday, December 31, 2007

Last Hurrah

I managed to squeeze in one more FO in 2007...the Tangled Yoke Cardigan. It's been off the needles for nearly 2 months, but I blocked it badly the first time and thought it was disastrous. So I stuffed it into the project basket and tried not to think about it. I only pulled it out a couple of days ago because I thought it wouldn't be good to drag bad knitting karma into the new year, so I resolved to figure out something to do with it. Luckily, I decided to reblock it before trying anything drastic, and it did the trick! More pictures and specs are in the gallery.

I am still having problems with it gaping at the buttons, so if that could be fixed, it'd be just about perfect! All in all, I'm really happy with how it turned out and will get a lot of wear out of this cardigan.

This was also my first experience using the Knit PIcks Options needles (size 4). I know a lot of people swear by these, but they didn't work out so well for me. I have some of the regular Knit Picks circular needles and love those, but something in the way I knit makes the Options needles keep unscrewing. (Yes, I did use the little gizmo to help tighten them, but no, it didn't help). So I'm going to stick to my Denise needles whenever possible. I just wish they came in the size 3's and 4's!

I'll share my new projects next time. Happy New Years!


  1. Stunning! I keep thinking I want to make that. Maybe in a couple months. Happy New Year!

  2. I'm so glad the re-blocking worked - it's lovely on you!

  3. Great cardigan! Too bad about the button band! I have no constructive advice, I have not come across that problem yet, but I saw your post on craftster and I bet someone there will have a great solution. Love the pillow in the last post too!

  4. Oh how awesome that re-blocking worked out for you. The results are gorgeous!

  5. what a great knit! looks fantastic.

    someone one suggested to me that I sew a grosgrain ribbon under each side of a button band to give it more stability and less inclination to gape open. Being lazy, I never tried it, but it seems like it could help.

  6. it looks great!

    you can sew grosgrain ribbon to the underside of the buttonband to help with the gape -- I did this on a sweater for my mom and it worked out great, minimizing the gapping.