Thursday, January 3, 2008

Revelry on Ravelry

Happy New Year! How do you ring in the new year when you've got a very very bad cold, young children, no babysitter, and no energy? Yup. You activate your Ravelry account.

I got my coveted invitation in August but have been too busy to do anything with it since then. So because I wasn't up to doing much else, I allowed myself to indulge in some major surfing. I can see why people like it so much! I've been able to connect with some new folks and be introduced to blogs that I wouldn't have found otherwise. I even learned about a local Sit 'n Knit that I had no idea about! My favorite feature is being able to see so many variations of projects--it's really inspiring how people can have such different takes on a pattern. If you're on Ravelry, I'm SoKnitpicky there, too, so come say "hi."

I have 2 new projects I started over the Christmas holidays, but I've only taken pics of one so far.


This is the beginning of Juno Regina. I've finished the charts for one end and am about 6" into the middle portion. I'm using the very scrumptious Malabrigo Lace Merino. Yummy! They call this color "Azul Profundo," but I just think of it as peacock blue.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh! That is pretty...I have a few skeins of a more higly variegated malabrigo - I will have to see what that might look like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year! I hope you're feeling better! I love the color you're using - such a lovely deep blue. Azul profundo, indeed!

    ReplyDelete