Thank you guys for your good thoughts when I ran into all those snags. I think I'm back on track now!
The Cabled Hoodie is being converted into a project for my daughter, Sweetie. I am using The Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns as a template to recalculate this pattern in her size. This book is such a good reference! It's not perfect (for example, it's really irksome that the 32" and 34" chest sizes are considered kids' sizes), so you still have to do some recalculations, but it provides a tremendous starting point! I had to reknit most of the sleeve, but I'm happy with it now and think it's viable! Hooray! I started the left front and now that I've memorized the cable pattern, it's going much more quickly. I hope to finish this front piece by the end of next weekend.
Meanwhile, I've started the Wallis Cardigan using Ella Rae Silkience. The back and left front are done and seamed together so that I could try it on. So far so good (fingers crossed)! I've cast on for the right front. The bottom section is done in double knitting to create the interesting welts, and that takes awhile. After that, I expect it to go really quickly. I'm going to look back at the Knitting Daily Galleries to figure out where I want the sleeves to fall.
And finally, I decided to frog the Ruffled Jacket. I had fallen out of love with this, and it just wasn't worth the hassle of trying to figure out how to fix the problems I was having. It's really liberating to let it go.
P.S. To "Anonymous," who expressed interest in buying the Norah Gaughan pattern booklet...I'm afraid it's already gone. Someone else had snapped it up.