- ...I wanted to make something quick
...I wanted to make something for myself
...I wanted to use up some mystery stash yarn (I think it's Debbie Bliss Wool Cotton, but I'm not certain)
...I cast on for this...
Well, I'm sure you know how these things go. The "little project" turns into the "little problem" and grows from there. You are supposed to use a provisional cast on, and I somehow managed to mess that up. Badly. So when it was time to unzip the cast-on edge, things got messed up. I got kinda flustered and then messed it up even more. I should have taken a picture to show you, but in retrospect, it's probably good that I didn't--that kind of yarn carnage may be too gruesome for some of you to stomach!
So anyway, the project got cast aside, and then I finally decided to pick it up and finish it. Even then, though, it gave me a hard time. I had anticipated that it would be too big, and so I made the scarf shorter than it was supposed to be, but it was still too big, and half of it ended up getting reknitted. Oh well, at least it's a really small project and so it was still manageable despite all the setbacks. Otherwise, I would have frogged it... just because I don't really need extra stress!
More pics and pattern notes are in the gallery.