Saturday, December 13, 2008

Nearly Almost

For most of this year, I have been pretty good about seeing projects all the way through, start to finish. I lapsed into old habits with my latest project, though. I finished up the knitting in about 1-1/2 weeks, but then it just sat there. All I needed to do was to sew on 2 measly buttons and pick up some stitches to do a band around the sleeve area--only 8 rows total. But instead, it seemed much more interesting to cast on for several new projects instead. I finally decided this morning that I needed to rescue this project from its "nearly almost" status and just finish the darn thing! It's not my favorite, which probably accounts for a lot of the procrastination, but it's certainly wearable, and I probably will wear it.



If you want more details on this one, they are in the gallery and on Ravelry. Meanwhile, I'm moving on to more exciting things!

4 comments:

  1. It's really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last little bits of knitting (or not knitting, like finishing, blocking, weaving ends, adding trim, etc) are the worst. They always take so much longer than you think. I'm glad you decided to finish this. It fits your really well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!! It is simple, casual beauty - and I adore the chestnut color. In your gallery photos, did I see purple thread on the buttons?? Perfect!

    ReplyDelete