Sunday, April 25, 2010

Try, Try Again

I tried using a modified version of Peltigera's handkerchief-like hem for the bottom of my top. ETA: I only did one side since I could already tell I was going to be unhappy with it.


However, I got skeptical thumbs down from both my husband and my daughter, so it's frogged now. I tried again with a different idea, but I'm not happy with my execution of it, so I need to start on version #3. That is, if my arms don't give me trouble. I've had to do a lot of work-related typing this week, and so I've been trying not to overdo the knitting. Then yesterday, I played Rock Band with the kids (I was the guitar), and my left forearm and elbow feel kind of uncomfortable today. I might just let them rest up (I am dictating this instead of typing), so the top will have to wait. You want to know the really sad thing about it? I am unbelievably BAD at Rock Band--even the LEGO version!

9 comments:

  1. I applaud your creativity. I've found lately that as I try to break off onto my own path with my knitting, I've been stumbling a little and the results have not always been pleasing. However, I think it must be part of the process. Keep on knitting!
    Liesl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, some of the time (let's be honest: in knitting, most of the time) it's really hard to imagine how something will look without just trying it.

    Too bad it didn't work out this time, but I have to admit that I cannot deal with that type of asymmetry in clothing. Drives me nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man...you are a rock star for going for round three...and definitely rest up your hands and arms...that's bad news bears when they start hurting...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also completely awful at rock band. It's kind of fun anyway though, eh?

    I really like the neckline of the tank, but I'm with Lien on the hem. And that's such a gorgeous color that it would be a shame not to wear it almost daily!

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay, it must be just me, but I really like your version of the hem without the gathers. In fact, I'm thinking of knitting one that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Betty. I actually like the Dr. Seussiness of it. But you have to be happy or you won't wear it, we all have enough of those in our closet I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh...I hope a solution to your hem problem presents itself soon! It looks fab from the waist up! haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is serious perseverance! But don't mess with tennis elbow - it will just continue to plague :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the neckline and the color on you. I have always thought that there's so much going on around the neckline in the Peltigera that the bottom half should be as simple as possible.

    LEGO Rock Band sounds like a blast (even playing badly would still be fun)! But probably not so fun I'd risk a knitting injury for it ;-)

    ReplyDelete