Thursday, November 25, 2010

Inspired By

Inspired by One Charming Party to make a paper turkey:


Since the girls will be the only kids at our family's Thanksgiving celebration, I thought I'd give them some activities. This paper turkey was ridiculously simple and fun to make! The original instructions call for the turkey to be stuffed with popcorn, but instead, I stuffed the inside of the turkey with a lot of newspaper and hid some treats. Inside was

-candy (inside the drumsticks!)
-glowsticks
-some corn that pops on the cob


-Craisins
-"Old Lady Who Swallowed a Pie" poem
-a list of Pilgrim vocabulary
-a Wampanoag toss-and-catch game, and


-cards to play a game.

Rather than playing on a board, we'll move ourselves around the room to the finish line, using floor tiles as spaces. I made a variety of "chance" cards,


question cards,

and skill cards.


Hopefully it'll keep us from slipping into complete lethargy! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating today.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I'll have to remember that one for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, this makes me want to sit at the kids' table!

    What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete