Saturday, November 27, 2010

Rainbow Connection

I know I'm going to shock you, but I have actual knitting content to share with you today! The Lanesplitter Skirt was one of the WIPs I wanted to tackle. I had started this one back in July, soon after the pattern came out, and used Noro Kureyon 233. It was a fun knit, and I loved the colorway, except that I didn't love the way the colors alternated in stripes. I frogged my first attempt and found a better home for the yarn.


I cast on again, this time in Noro Silk Garden 279, but didn't get very far before I got distracted by Life. I came back to this skirt a few weeks ago and have really enjoyed it. I tell you what--if you ever lose your knitting mojo, I highly recommend a simple Noro project to get you connected to your knitting again. The ever-changing colors will have you doing "just one more row" to see how things come out!


I'm all done with my knitting now and just need to figure out whether to line it and what to do with the waistband. I also need to find boots to go with this skirt :-D.

[BTW, the whole time I wrote this, I could hear Kermit's voice in my head singing, "Why are there so many songs about Noro?" LOL!]

1 comment:

  1. This is going to be such a pretty skirt! I think that the Silk Garden substitution was a great one -- the garter ridge gives it more stability than it might have had otherwise. In my opinion, lining it certainly wouldn't hurt.

    (And now I'm humming Rainbow Connection . . . )

    ReplyDelete