Monday, September 12, 2011

Inspired By

Inspired by Gourmet Mom on the Go, via Jane Wang, to make edible "crayons":


It was our turn to bring in snacks for my daughter's elementary school class, and I thought that was a good excuse to make something I've had on my Pinterest board for awhile. These were made with pretzel rods and tinted white chocolate. The particular brand of pretzel rods we used were short enough that we didn't have to break them in two. Actually, the pretzels were little short for the crayon labels, but I just printed out the labels at 85% size, and it worked out great.

8 comments:

  1. These snacks are fabulous! You must have been "mom of the month!" I hope they brought a smile to all the children's faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. These were so fun to make, and it was easy enough that the girls did a lot of it. We are having fun thinking about what to do for our next turn at the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these. You're raising the bar for school snacks!

    (Didn't we all know a kid who actually ate real crayons?!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Twisted Knitter: One of the available labels did say "Crayon Eater," but I decided not to use those. I didn't want to encourage further confusion, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are pretty cute, but oddly enough, my first reaction was "eeeww" as far as eating goes. I think I have too much of a mental image of what real crayons must taste like to want to eat fake ones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Asianmommy

    @Betty: Yes, I had that reaction too, but my kids loved it and voted for it. LOL!

    ReplyDelete