Monday, January 7, 2013

Inspired By

Inspired by Claire at Say Yes to Hoboken to make a tassel necklace:


Most of the time, my Pinterest pins are for future inspiration, but every once in awhile, something comes along that says "make me now!" So I did.

The directions were very clear, and I was easily able to get all of the supplies at Michael's. I used DMC floss E317, from the Precious Metal Effects line. I do have a tip for you if you are having a hard time placing the knots just where you want.

Tie a knot around a large needle.


You can then move the needle up and down the length of your string till you get it to the position you want. Then gently withdraw the needle as you tighten the knot.



After putting on the beads on either side, I put both pieces of string through 2 final beads. The last bead stays in a fixed position, but the other one can side up and down to adjust the length of the necklace.



4 comments:

  1. Love this neckland and your notes. I imagine this little piece will jazz up even the simplest black dress or sweater!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Evelyn. It was fun to make and has been fun to wear.

      Delete