Saturday, April 30, 2011

Right Now

I often put off WIP posts because sometimes there's just not that many interesting things to say about a project as you're working on it. I had been thinking about having a (mostly) wordless feature so that I'd stop getting blocked on documenting my works in progress. Then, I got inspired by bloggers like Twisted Knitter , Knitionary, and Today's Agenda, who regularly include their nails on their blogs. Nail polish is a recent obsession interest of mine, and I have a growing collection of shades. You've seen a few peeks at my nails, and I like the idea of sharing snapshots of my hands actually working.



On the needles: Sheep Hat using Cascade 220 Superwash

On the nails: Misa Genie in This Bottle

On the nightstand: The Best of Everything

8 comments:

  1. Love the color you're using. I love work-in-progress pics BTW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I love to see those nails hard at work! It's a pretty color too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colour! I used to play with nail polish all the time. But then I started clocking serious time in labs, and it was hopeless after that. One word: solvents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea. I have been obsessed with nail polish too as of late and I have periodically returned to crocheting so this post is like kismet.

    the color combo is pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there! Thanks for the shoutout ;-) Your nails are so long and pretty! Love that color too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both the nail color and the WIP post. I love your idea to capture the action!

    You have beautiful hands and a fun project -- I love the sheep hat (the entire book is awesome)

    ReplyDelete